HCR Home Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at HCR Home Care
HCR Home Care, a leader in Home Health Care for over 30 years, is committed to providing the best quality patient care and superior service, and we now service 19 counties across New York State. HCR is an employee owned company, offering YOU an active partnership in our business. Our employees play an important role in treating people and keeping them safe and healthy in the comfort of their own homes, and we believe our employees are the reason HCR is able to provide award-winning home care. Consider a career at HCR! We offer competitive pay and benefits, continuing education and training opportunities, and utilize state-of-the-art technology.
A Registered Dietician provides nutrition services to patients in their home as prescribed by the attending physician.
- Assessment of the patient’s nutritional needs and food patterns.
- Plan for and/or the provision of foods and drink appropriate for the individual’s physical and medical needs and environmental conditions.
- Provide nutrition education and counseling to address therapeutic needs.
- Develop goals and a plan based on the patient’s current level of functioning and nutritional needs.
- Record the patient’s progress and report to the physician the through phone contact and written reports.
- Prepare clinical/progress notes on the day of the visit, which are incorporated into the medical record.
- Consult with the health care team regarding the plan of care for patients, specifically in the area of nutrition.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service presentations, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working conditions may expose field staff to disagreeable sights, odors, body wastes, communicable diseases and blood borne pathogens, smoke, pets, and other allergens. Potentially hazardous materials such as those found in cleaning agents and other chemicals may be stored in a client’s home.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to use Agency’s EMR program.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently, and complete paperwork accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Must comply with privacy & HIPAA laws. Must be respectful of the patient’s rights & treat a client & his/her belongings with dignity & respect.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile with current insurance coverage and in good working condition available to use for work. Must be willing to travel throughout assigned county.
- Willingness to submit to physical examination, criminal background and drug testing.
- Bachelors Degree with a major in foods and nutrition
- Masters degree in nutrition or public health preferred
- One year of professional experience in a health care environment