HCR Home Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Therapist - Full Time and Part Time - Monroe County
at HCR Home Care
HCR Home Care, a leader in Home Health Care for over 30 years, is committed to providing the best quality patient care and superior service, and we now service 19 counties across New York State. HCR is an employee owned company, offering YOU an active partnership in our business. Our employees play an important role in treating people and keeping them safe and healthy in the comfort of their own homes, and we believe our employees are the reason HCR is able to provide award-winning home care. Consider a career at HCR! We offer competitive pay and benefits, continuing education and training opportunities, and utilize state-of-the-art technology.
A Physical Therapist directs, supervises, evaluates & provides PT services to patients in the home as prescribed by the attending physician.
Currently hiring for Full Time and Part Time (24 hours per week).
- Evaluate patient using diagnostic muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests.
- Prepare an assessment of the patient’s condition at the time of the initial evaluation & perform periodic re-evaluations.
- Develop a written problem list & plan of care.
- Write clinical/progress notes on the date of the visit and incorporate same in the patient’s record.
- Treat patients to relieve pain and/or develop or restore function to reach maximum independence.
- Instruct patients and their families in the use of prosthetic, orthotic and assistive devices (canes, walkers, wheelchairs, etc.)
- Include and educate the family and patient regarding treatment plan and goals.
- Attend physical therapy staff meetings and inservice presentations.
- Participate in case conferences.
- Participate in the development and periodic revision of the physician’s Plan of Treatment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to use Agency’s EMR program.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently, and complete paperwork accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Must comply with privacy & HIPAA laws. Must be respectful of the patient’s rights & treat a client & his/her belongings with dignity & respect.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile with current insurance coverage and in good working condition available to use for work. Must be willing to travel throughout assigned county.
- Willingness to submit to physical examination, criminal background and drug testing.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy program.
- Licensed by and currently registered with the New York State Education Department.
- One year of practical experience as a licensed physical therapist preferred.