HCR Home Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Home Health Aide - Livingston County
at HCR Home Care
HCR Home Care, a leader in Home Health Care for over 30 years, is committed to providing the best quality patient care and superior service, and we now service 19 counties across New York State. HCR is an employee owned company, offering YOU an active partnership in our business. Our employees play an important role in treating people and keeping them safe and healthy in the comfort of their own homes, and we believe our employees are the reason HCR is able to provide award-winning home care. Consider a career at HCR! We offer competitive pay and benefits, continuing education and training opportunities, and utilize state-of-the-art technology.
Home Health Aides provide personal care and health related services to patients. Home Health Aides work in clients’ homes and assist with the following, along with other duties that have been assigned per the care plan:
Personal Hygiene, including but not limited to: bathing, cleaning, filing nails, mouth care, hair care, and incontinence care.
Housekeeping and/or other related support services.
Preparing and assisting with meals
Cleaning kitchen, bathroom, vacuuming, mopping, laundry.
- Essential Functions:
- Frequent walking and standing (80%-100% of the time).
- Frequent lifting
- Must be able to lift/move 40 lbs. unassisted.
- May require pushing/pulling/transferring 100 lbs. of weight.
- Sufficient hand strength and dexterity to carry out care plan duties.
- Ability to visually recognize objects within 20 feet.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, pull and push unsupported, routinely.
- Ability to write and complete records.
- Ability to climb two flights of stairs.
- Ability to arrive promptly and timely to all assigned HCR work locations.
- Ability to read and understand the English language.
Working conditions may expose the home health aide to disagreeable sights, odors, body wastes, communicable diseases and blood borne pathogens, smoke, pets, other allergens. Potentially hazardous materials such as those found in cleaning agents and other chemicals may be stored in a client’s home.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to use Agency’s EMR program.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently, and complete paperwork accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Must comply with privacy & HIPPA laws. Must be respectful of the patient’s rights & treat a client & his/her belongings with dignity & respect.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile with current insurance coverage and in good working condition available to use for work. Must be willing to travel throughout assigned county.
- Willingness to submit to physical examination, criminal background and drug testing.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred. Must be able to read and write English at an 8th grade level.
- Successful completion of a NYS DOH approved Home Health Aide training program as verified by NYS DOH Home Care Registry and passing of HCP HHA written exam required; or Current C.N.A. Certification and passing of HCP HHA written exam required.
HCR will offer a free, two-day, unpaid training class to candidates with the following experience, per the NYS Department of Health:
- A nursing assistant with one year of full-time experience in a general hospital within the past five years;
- An individual with documented home health aide or nurse aide training and competency evaluation from an out-of-state training program;
- A home health aide with documented HHA training and competency evaluation who has not been employed as a home health aide for 24 consecutive months;
- A nursing student who has passed the fundamentals of nursing course and has experience as a care provider within the past 24 months. Documentation would include a transcript with passing grade(s) and course description(s) or skills checklist signed by the nursing school instructor;
- Veterans who were trained in the US Military as medical technicians or medics