Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Unit Leader
CooperVision®, Inc., a unit of The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE: COO), is one of the world's leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses. The Company produces a full array of monthly, two-week and daily disposable contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges; such as astigmatism, presbyopia and ocular dryness; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available.
Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, thereby creating real advantages for customers and wearers.
From our extensive network of facilities in 12 countries across five continents, CooperVision distributes high-quality lenses virtually everywhere contact lenses are worn.
JOB TITLE: Business Unit Leader
SHIFT: Day – 37 hours per week
WORKING PATTERN: Monday to Friday
As a Business Unit Leader, he/she is responsible for his/her unit and team and ensures that the activity in his/her unit is aligned with objectives set by the management. He/she is involved in the continuous process improvement related to operations. In his/her leader's role, he/she interacts positively with the other departments and reports to the Supervisor in charge of the business.
- Be responsible for own Business Unit
- Treat all order lines in keeping fluidity and productivity in line with objectives set by the management
- Produce KPIs requested by the management
- Follow the team to guaranty that work schedule and break are put in place and respected
- Inform his/her superior and/or the related department about all type of incidents (material, system or human)
- Provide his/her involvement and his/her support to the Lean strategy
- Be in charge of the follow-up and maintain quality and cleanness in his/her Business Unit
- Support the implementation of new operational process
- Ensure that each worker has received the appropriate training and follow the updates
- Ensure proper use of the provided equipment by his/her team
- Investigate problems and analyze performance in order to implement relevant corrective actions
- Interact positively with the customer service Liège and the other departments
- Proactively support and interact with other Business Units
- Support the management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of inventory management and flow of goods principles within a warehouse (command preparation)
- Information Technology – Knowledge of a WMS/WCS system and an ERP system (Baan)
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Fluent in French, good knowledge of English is required
- Good reactivity
- Improvement orientation
- Respect for others
- Stress resilience
- Well organized
- Open minded for learning
- Costumer orientation
- Team orientation
- Business sense
At least secondary school degree.
At least 5 years of experience in a logistics environment.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN TO COOPERVISION EMPLOYEES AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES