Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RF Design Engineer - Rochester, NY
at Avacend, Inc.
Job Position:RF Design Engineer
Job Location: Rochester, NY 14649
Contract: 12 Months
Functions in a mid level engineer capacity, or technical specialist. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional design engineering and analysis. Broadens knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
• Microwave path planning including map study, use of GIS tools, traffic routing design;
• Preparation of channel planning diagrams and route maps;
• Perform link budgets and system planning reports;
• Perform pre-installation surveys, and radio path surveys;
• Coordinate with path survey providers;
• Preparation of documents for frequency coordination;
• Preparation of FCC license applications;
• Detailed design of equipment installation for power, grounding, feedlines and antenna to meet client and electrical code requirements;
• Preparation of procurement specifications and supporting cost estimates.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Microwave system design experience: link budgets, site evaluation, path feasibility evaluation, on-site path studies, specification of equipment, antennas, feedlines, and diversity measures
• Ability to perform and coordinate all stages of RF design
• Experience creating design drawings including interconnection diagrams and schematics
• Able to create new and modify existing site-specific construction drawings and specifications.
• Able to relocate to Rochester, NY or be willing to travel 50-75% of the time for the duration of the project.
• Excellent supervisory, budgeting, and delegation skills.
• Knowledge of the design, installation and provision a wide range of mission critical WANs/MANs/LANS and equipment – DWDM, SONET, Ethernet, MPLS, OTN, and/or other Carrier class networks.
• Installation and troubleshooting of any or all the above in the field.Learning on the Fly