Arc of Monroe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Direct Suport Professional Floater
at Arc of Monroe
Direct Support Professional Openings Available!
SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE! Be You, Be the Arc. Bring your kindness, bring your compassion, bring your diversity. Create a rewarding career at The Arc of Monroe by empowering and supporting people with I/DD to live fulfilling lives and create opportunities for independence and inclusion.
No experience needed, just the desire to have fun, build relationships, and enrich the lives of people with disabilities! We provide all education and training.
We have immediate openings for all full-time shifts. Our “right fit” hiring practice ensures that we work together to find the right placement for you. We have 30 residential homes on the East, West, North and South sides of Rochester and Monroe County, so we have the right location for you!
- Empower people to make their own choices while providing as little support as necessary to create opportunities for independence
- Guide people through their morning & nighttime routine (varied based on level of support)
- Assist with personal care, hygiene, and daily living skills
- Play basketball, go for a walk, challenge someone to a game of cards
- Explore parks, museums, concerts, sporting events within the community
- Prepare a favorite meal together, making consistency modifications if necessary
- Be a role model for making safe and healthy lifestyle choices
- Grow positive relationships with families or guardians, and be their go-to contact
- Attend to medical needs, including transportation to and from doctor’s appointments
- Valid NYS driver’s license required and meet agency driving standards
- Must maintain current required certifications as designated by the agency including but not limited to: AMAP, SCIP-R, First Aid/CPR
- Manage multiple priorities while maintaining effective levels of consumer service
- Ability to stay calm and level-headed under pressure and still perform well
- Must demonstrate good judgment, sensitivity, objectivity and tact
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to foster teamwork between all team members via open communication, sharing of responsibilities, and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to complete the agency’s on-boarding training program.
- Basic computer literacy, including use of email, Microsoft office and internet
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, reach, push, pull, lift, climb and kneel
- Exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently.
- Use medical equipment such as Hoyer, SARA lifts, push/pull wheelchairs and carts (grocery)
- Housecleaning duties such as laundry, vacuuming, cleaning showers/tubs, dishes, taking out garbage, yard work and preparing meals, shoveling snow, cleaning room
Working Conditions, Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This position works in a residential setting that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Rotating shifts as well as holiday and work during inclement weather will be required.
- Must be flexible and dependable; may be required to work overtime as necessary.
- May be occasionally exposed to individuals who have the potential to carry a communicable disease or blood borne pathogen
High school diploma/G.E.D. required. 2-3 years working as a DSP in Residential Required.