Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Care Service Coordinator
at Alzheimer's Association
Care Service professional coordinates and provides supportive services for various Alzheimer’s Association programs, including the Assistive Support Dementia Supports Program (ASDSP), a program for people with Intellectual Developmental Disabilities/Dementia and delivery of other programs and services as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate an ASDSP caseload.
- Participate as a team provider for assigned consumer individualized service plan meetings.
- Maintain required frequency of face to face visits with all consumers.
- Timely completion of all required documentation.
- Timely data entry into appropriate databases.
- Develop care consultations and goal plans for each consumer.
- Assess individual needs of consumers and make necessary referrals for respite, environmental assessments and other services as needed.
- Provide ASDSP education for residential habilitation locations and day programs as needed to staff and/or peers. Assess the educational needs on an ongoing basis.
- Provide coordination and delivery of various Alzheimer’s Association social activities, support group coordination and physician outreach programs, as assigned.
- Provide coverage to other programs and services as needed.
- Provide care consultations.
- Cover on call for I&R’s, care consultations, and activity/event registrations in the office.
- Facilitate support groups across the 10 county territory.
- Conduct outreach and promotion of programs and services across 10 county territory.
- Facilitate social engagement activities for people with dementia and their care partners.
- Assist with conferences and events.
- Lead with sensitivity to diversity and inclusiveness efforts of program delivery.
- Provide leadership or support where needed for special events, conferences, etc. sponsored by programs and services, representing the Alzheimer’s Association as needed. Occasional weekend and/or evening events or services will require coverage.
- Participate and provide leadership for special projects as assigned.
- Attend all required staff and community based meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum requirement includes a Bachelor’s of Social Work with a Master’s preferred, or comparable degree.
- Two to four years’ experience working with caregivers and persons with dementia, consumers with developmental disabilities, aging services or comparable human services experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work independently, as a team and be self-motivated.
- Strong public speaking and communication skills.
- Background working collaboratively with external service providers and developing community partnerships.
- Empathy for individuals with dementia and their caregivers.
- Computer skills are essential in Microsoft 2010 and Adobe PDF format.
- Driver’s license, car and proof of insurance are necessary
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!